Please Note that we are no longer taking any items for the container for the foreseeable future.
We no longer have storage facilities to collect and sort items while awaiting transport to Zambia.
There are many ways you can help HHI to make a difference for those in great need - from individuals to communities; from remote clinics to hospitals; from costs of prescriptions to major heart surgery; from school exercise books to schools. Our work is wide and varied with the common goal - to help vulnerable people receive the help they need to help themselves.
A different way in which to help is to purchase items from our Alternative Gift Catalogue. Payment for these gifts can be made through the donations page on this website, where the facility to add comments to that effect can be made. The office will then send out the relevant gift cards.
Another way for you to raise funds is to buy online purchases using easyfundraising. HHI benefits everytime you conduct your online purchases via easyfundraising.org.uk. There are no additional costs for using this service and there over 3000 participating sites covering a wide range, from food and insurance to holidays. Already HHI is well on the way to £800 donations with only 47 supporters using easyfundraising so far. Get clicking and raise funds for HHI!
Amazon Smile works in much the same way if you shop with them. Select us as your preferred charity and we will get a cut of whatever you spend.
Are you an occupational therapist, a physiotherapist, a speech therapist or something similar?
Or are you training to be one?
Would you like to put your skills to good use in India?
We support two special needs schools - one in Kerala and the other in Tamil Nadu. We also support a home for destitute women with serious psychological problems. In the past, student occupational therapists have gone out to our centre in Tamil Nadu, and have had a great time, helping the children as well as communicating best practice to the staff. And they have even learned some tricks from Indian traditional medicine (ayurveda)!
You would need to provide your own ticket to Trivandrum (Thiruvananthapuram) airport, but once you have arrived our partners in India can meet you at the airport and take you to one of the centres. We can provide accomodation - it's pretty basic, but that's part of the adventure! Living in India is cheap. Contact our office for more information.
You can help in other ways by:
- inviting one of our speakers to tell your church, church group or organisation about the work of HHI. We can also take church services.
- setting up a standing order or sending us a donation by cheque, cash or credit/debit card (including American Express). If you can gift aid it then it is worth 25% more to us at no extra cost to you
- signing up with easyfundraising, nominating HHI as your chosen charity, and using the easyfundraising website to go shopping on the internet. The retailer will give us a donation every time you buy something. For Amazon, Amazon Smile is a similar system.
- remembering us in your will.
- Give someone a gift using our alternative catalogue. We sent out a copy in our latest Tidings - if you want a copy please see this link here. It's an ideal way of giving a gift for Christmas, birthday, and anniversary or any other special event without succumbing to the commercialisation of Christmas and other special events. As an added bonus, we will send you cards to give to the person whose anniversary or Christmas you are celebrating, which say how your gift will be used. And you can always use it to simply make a donation - you can specify how your gift will be used so as to help some of the world's most needy people. Prices in our catalogue, which is available on our website, range from £5 to £700. It is possible to purchase a gift at any time for as little as £5, which will buy a mat, blanket and pillow for a destitute patient in India or provide stationery or school support for a child in Zambia. Also, for a cool £700 it is possible to meet the running costs of Asha Kiran Ashran, the special needs school we support in Southern India, for a month. Over the years, many satisfied customers return to shop with us knowing that every penny is spent on providing support and comfort to those in very real need.
Details of all these schemes and further information can be provided on request.
Please note: We will not sell or pass your details to anyone else.